Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Girl With The Pearl Earring

Replica of Vermeer's Famous Painting

In honor of Vermeer I replicated his "Girl with a Pearl Earring" or more well know as "The Girl With The Pearl Earring". I remember being a child and seeing the movie based off of this and being so amazed by it, which has kind of given me the motive to replicate this beautiful piece. I believe I did pretty well on the overall composition of the piece. I think the added blue and brown of the background completed it pretty nicely so it wasn't bland and I really enjoyed how well I did the clothing and the earring. Though, I feel the skin and the lips could have been done better, I feel it just doesn't live up to the beauty of the original in that area. My peers particularly liked how I did the clothing, I even had one peer say that it looked really realistic. And I agree, I feel the clothing is my favorite part of the piece. I feel I did pretty well with the portions, though I feel the eyes are a little off. And I love how the dark background emphasis her well. Over all I believe it has great harmony and is a wonderful piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment