Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Lady With The Umbrella

A dedication to John Singer Sargent

This painting was inspired by Sargent's "Lady With The Umbrella". I was lead to paint this gorgeous piece because of my fondness for Victorian and Edwardian styles as well as just how the original stood out to me in general. I'm particularly fond of how well the dress turned out, the flow looks absolutely gorgeous with a immense feeling of movement that brings your eyes up the legs and through her curves to lead to her face. Now her face I am not particularly sentimental about, it doesn't quiet feel right in how its not blended but that makes it stand out. I love the overall harmony and peace the art work portrays. This is one of my favorites from what I've painted so far, I feel it expresses everything I want it to and I'm overjoyed with how it turned out. I have not had many critiques from my fellow students but words of encouragement and enjoyment. Never the less, I feel its worthy enough to be a good replica of the orginal.

No comments:

Post a Comment