Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Flowers For Theresa

For a Beautiful Women


This floral lady was inspired by Theresa Fractale, a model I follow on Instagram. Her unique style and flawless appearance has piqued my interest since the first time I came across her account. I created this piece in hopes to share her beauty with anyone who gazes upon it, to ensnare the viewer in a feeling of amazement, like the one I felt the first time I witnessed her beauty. I've had a few peers come up to me to express their love for the watercolor piece. The feedback has made me feel elated that I was able to grasp the emotions I aimed to express. Though in my opinion, I see room for improvement. For example, I think the nose could have been done better rather than the mess it is and the flowers of the hair are also very messy unlike the ones in the background. For the composition of this piece I used hues of pink, in the flowers around her face, to create unity and contrast to her skin. I also used pattern, along with contrast, to make her hair stand out more. Having created what I hope is a exceptional composition for this watercolor woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment