Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Starry Night

A Dedication To Van Gogh's "Starry Night"

There's no need to really explain what this famous painting is of seeing as almost everyone already knows of "Starry Night". I choose this very well known masterpiece to replicate thanks to my teacher. In her classroom she has a large replica of it done by a student she had in the past and she has used it to remind us of the principles and elements of design, which has given me a fondness of the painting. For example, the movement within the sky showing rhythm and contrast with the bright yellow stars and light hued church. Even though this piece took me the shortest time to paint then any others, only four hours and thirty minutes, I find it my favorite. I love how bright the colors are and how altogether the composition is very well done, but I think the houses could have been better proportioned seeing as they look a little off in my eyes. I actually painted this all day long during an art show and it was a huge ego boost to hear so many compliments from people along with all the 'ooo's and 'ahh's from the children who walked by, I feel that's why I did so well on this one was because the encouragement everyone was giving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment