Tuesday, December 17, 2019

From leg to canvas

Tattoo Reimagined

This painting was inspired by my thigh tattoo, which I thought would be very interesting to bring to life. My tattoo is an anime-styled geisha that has a sakura branch on one side and waves on the other. I took the elements such as the hairstyle, robe style, and headdress from my tattoo along with adding red which is the only color that is in my tattoo. I wouldn't say the hues rival that of Venetian art but this is a very richly colored painting. It feels a bit chaotic, but there is an obvious emphasis on the geisha who is front and center on the painting. It's a bit balanced due to the pink in the water which balances out with the tree. There is texture that can be seen especially in the water and tree. I would have to say though that the face and sky art what captures my attention the most because they're both so beautiful and her face is particularly calm within this chaotic piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment