Tuesday, December 17, 2019

All Round Van Gogh

Recreation of Starry Night and Van Gogh Self Portrait

This painting was inspired by one of my favorite artists, Vincent Van Gogh. I did another version of starry night, which is also on this blog, about half a year ago but this time I used different methods. For this piece I used cardboard and acrylic paint along with using a palette knife to do most of the background. I prefer this one to the other due to it being more vibrant and eye catching.  Overall this is a very balanced piece that moves your eyes easily through the painting. There is of course nice patterns through ought the whole painting, for example the swirls in the sky are a pattern. You can also tell that is very textured thanks to the palette knife which goes along quite well with the painting. This painting gives me the feeling of modern art mixed with Van Gogh's post impressionist style which is a very nice combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment