Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Forever Caring

Thank You For Raising Me

This is a recreation of an old photo that I discovered more recently. The child in the picture is myself and The adults are my grandparents who have raised me my whole life. I created this as a sort of gift for my grandfather and a thank you to both of them for everything they've done for me over the years. The style is obliviously more stylized than realistic but I have gotten a few comments from people who know my family telling me that they can recognize the woman is my grandmother right away because it looks very similar to her. There is a lot of color and value within this painting along with a nice use of space. You can see texture in some parts, mostly on the child. Repetition is used within the flooring and windows and the visible brush strokes give a nice sense of movement. Overall its a very balanced and unified piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment